Introduction


Hey, welcome to my blog! My name is Isaiah Herford, I'm a journalism major at Linn-Benton Community College. I got into journalism in my senior year of high school while working with the yearbook and I immediately connected with it. I enjoyed going out to events to talk to people and take photos, which eventually led to me gaining an interest in it as a career. While my primary focus within the subject is photojournalism (I hope to be a professional photographer in the future), I also like interviewing and writing.

Outside of school I like to write poetry, play disc golf, play board games, chat with friends, bake, and take photos. My idea of a great day is wandering around with my friends in the woods. I'm a semi-professional portrait photographer and I work at a pizza place in my hometown. 


Most of my information comes from Instagram, Apple News, and Google AI overview (I check sources to see if they're reputable). I don't think instagram is necessarily reliable because most people just state random opinions; while you can find reliable information on there, it's very diluted. Apple News seems pretty trustworthy though I haven't done research on that. I don't trust AI overview but I'll take its word for minor searches. At this point in our political climate in the United States I think it is very difficult to find reliable information in the news. Because of bias, the flood of AI, and fake news, I don't consider information reliable if I haven't checked multiple reputable sources; at least two and preferably three. I don't share information I learn from AI if it is at all significant.

Comments